2 Paula McLain's Books :

Hello,

Today I want to share with you two books that I really enjoyed reading lately. Both of those books are from the same author : Paula McLain. The two books I read from her are about women, I didn't know anything about those women I feel like they might have been a bit forgotten in history.

the french covers

  • The Paris Wife : 
This book is about the relationship between Ernest Hemingway and his first wife Hadley, from the moment they met in Chicago and then during the time they lived together in Paris until their divorce. I thought this book was very interesting because I read books by Ernest Hemingway and knew a little bit about his life but I learn a lot. We read the story from Hadley's perspective and learn how she felt about her life and how it was to live with a writer. I totally recommend this book if you want to learn more about Hemingway or the way writers lived in Paris at the time they were there. 



  • Circling the Sun : A Novel : 
This book is about Beryl Markham, the first woman to fly solo across the Atlantic from east to west. She wrote her memoir, reading this book made me want to learn more about her life so I will probably read her memoir this summer. We are reading about her life from her childhood in Kenya with her dad in a farm with horses to her flight across the Atlantic. She is a very free woman and it is very nice to read about her. This book is the one I prefer between the two, both are very well written in my opinion. I think I enjoyed reading this one a little bit more because I prefer the personality of Beryl because she is so free and it's very refreshing. 


Did you read any of Paula McLain's books ? 
Do you have any books recommendations ? I love reading so I would love to discover new novels !

Feel free to follow me on Instagram or Bloglovin' :


Instagraml Follow

Commentaires

  1. I would love to read The Paris Wife, that one sounds interesting. I'm glad you've found some good books.
    http://sugarcoatedbears.blogspot.com/

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. I definitely need to read the Paris Wife. It sounds really good!

    xx Nicole
    http://toogoldstreet.com

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. It's a great book ! Let me know if you enjoy it !

      Supprimer
  3. Both of these books sound really interesting! If you enjoy reading true stories or biographies, you should read Malala's book - she's a very inspirational young woman! :)
    - www.roisinslatest.com

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. I love true stories as well ! It's in my Summer list of books ! Thank your for recommending it !

      Supprimer
  4. The book sounds amazing, thanks for sharing I've been needing a book to read for summer:) Do you want to support each other’s blog by following each other?:) Please let me know if you do so I can follow you right back x

    Xx,
    Hilary
    www.theclosetelf.com

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Great if you got some inspiration ! Why not if we enjoy each other content !

      Supprimer
  5. Wow wonderful post, love it! ♥
    Maybe follow for follow? :)

    veronicalucy.blogspot.com

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. I am already following your blog :) feel free to follow mine
      Glad you loved it

      Supprimer
  6. Thanks for the recommendations, I always love finding new and interesting books to read!

    Vanessa x | www.springlilies.com

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Thank you Vanessa ! Me too that's why I decided to share my reading !

      Supprimer
  7. Réponses
    1. Thank you ! Let me know if you read the books !

      Supprimer
  8. I really loved the Paris Wife when I read it! x

    rhymeandribbons.com

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. It's a great book ! Thank you for your comment Amanda !

      Supprimer
  9. I never heard the name of the author but both books sound very interesting especially the Paris Wife definitely on my must read.

    Michelle| www.brokebutflawless.blogspot.com

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. You should read it the author is very good ! Thank you for commenting !

      Supprimer

Enregistrer un commentaire

Articles les plus consultés